Do you want to learn more about life insurance but don’t know where to start? A simple Google search could bring a billion resources, blog posts, books (and more!) to your screen with a billion varied opinions on the subject! The topic of life insurance is no different. You want to do your own research and would rather not rely solely on the advice of your — ahem — friendly neighborhood life insurance agent (no offense taken!), but where do you start?
I’ve compiled a list of some of my favorite resources that will give you solid advice while also giving you the peace of mind to know that you have the information you need to make the decisions that are right for you.
- Life Insurance Made Easy — I’m starting you off with a FREE resource! Can’t get any better than that, can it? Think of this as a “Life Insurance for Dummies” book — although we know if you’re making important decisions like these, you’re anything but a dummy!
- Questions and Answers on Life Insurance: The Life Insurance Toolbook — A thorough look at life insurance going from where to start all the way to more complex issues.
- Life Happens — This amazing free site (run by a non-profit) will help you navigate some of those hard-to-ask questions and even help you calculate your life insurance needs!
- How about a list within a list? — Here’s a list of 26 books that were rated best in the industry. Welcome to the life insurance rabbit hole!
- Paychecks and Playchecks: Retirement Solutions for Life: Retirement Solutions For Life is a guide for retirement that is built for uncertain markets like the one we are in today.
And that’s only the beginning!
That should give you a great start to understanding life insurance, but remember, research does not count as taking action! Don’t let all this information sit in your head without doing something about it. Still, have more questions, want to discuss what you’ve been learning, or are ready to talk about your next steps? Schedule a call with me so we can talk about all things life insurance!